Monday 16 May 2016

Urban Decay Electric Palette (Review)

Urban Decay Electric Palette


"Beauty with an Edge"


Hello Beauty lovers!
Welcome to my first Palette review!
I was so excited to get this fun and vibrant palette out to 
swatch for you all!
This is my first and only Urban Decay product that I have, and 
it does not disappoint.


First... A little about Urban Decay.
Urban Decay is an American cosmetics company based
in Newport Beach, California.
The brand was founded in 1996.. and this year is their 20 anniversary!
UD is certified cruelty-free by PETA and the Leaping Bunny Program.

UD sell a tonne of different and edgy beauty products ranging from eyeshadow palettes, foundations, concealer, single eyeshadows, eyeliners, highlighters and setting sprays.

NOW.. onto my review 

When I went into Mecca to purchase my first Naked palette, I was so excited.. but 20 minutes later and a lot of debating.. I walked out with the Electric palette.
It's so fun, vibrant and beautiful.. I couldn't say no!


How amazing is the packaging!

The palette comes with ten bright, fun shades with a mixture of matte and shimmers.
It also comes with a double ended brush and a large mirror which is perfect for on the go application!
Top Row: Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage and Fringe
Bottom Row: Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak and Thrash.
Swatches are in natural lighting with no primer


Revolt- Bright metallic silver shimmer with silver glitter
Gonzo- Bright turquoise matte with floating tonal pearl
Slow Burn- Bright red-orange matte with floating tonal pearl
Savage- Bright hot pink matte
Fringe- Bright metallic teal
Chaos- Bright blue matte with floating tonal pearl
Jilted- Bright metallic fuchsia with blue shift
Urban- Bright metallic purple
Freak - Bright green with gold shift
Thrash- Bright lime green matte with floating gold pearl
All shade descriptions are from Urban Decay







My reviews will consist of reviewing the pigmentation, colours, application, packaging and price. I will then give and overall score and tell you where you can purchase the product!


Pigmentation- These shadows have incredible pigmentation. The swatches above have no primer underneath and are one swatch. I feel that the matte shades aren't as pigmented as the shimmer shades but are still very opaque.

Colours- The colour choice in this palette is great! I never thought these would be colours I would wear but I've come up with some pretty great looks with them. I love the variety of mattes and shimmers as well.

Application- I recommend starting off with little product as possible and building the colour up from there. If I apply the colour under my eye, I will use a hard or short bristle brush. If I am applying the colours straight to my lid I will use my finger, as it picks up the most product. And of course I recommend using a primer so the colours will last.

Packaging- The packaging is so beautiful! Its bright and colourful and I love the smoke effect that they've used with the colours. Its great that it comes with a large full size mirror so its easy to apply on the go! The double ended brush is a great added bonus. I love that most of their palettes come with bushes. The palette is quite light but its a bit chunk to take travelling.

Price-  I purchased this palette a couple of weeks after Urban Decay launched at Mecca Maxima. At the time it was $70. I find it a little overpriced but definitely worth it! 

Overall Score - 9/10 Personally I absolutely love this palette. I don't get a lot of use out of it but its high quality and always fun to play with. The only 'negative' as such would be that the packaging is quite chunky and its not easy to take travelling if you have a space limit.




Where to Buy -

Australia -  Mecca - Currently $80aud due to Mecca's Price Promise

America - $49usd Urban Decay , Sephora

United Kingdom- £38 Urban Decay Uk , Debenhams , House of Fraser



I hope you all enjoyed my first review. 
Please leave any suggestions below of what I should include or exclude from my reviews, just so I know what you want to see.

Much Love xox
Mel 



Using a mix of Urban and Jilted from the Electric Palette with a
pink glitter over the top!









No comments:

Post a Comment